Giving Tree, Dec. 9
Our church is providing gifts for four refugee families this year. There are nine adults and nine children. Gifts include items such as coasts, boots, clothes, bedding, towels, hygiene and cleaning products. Please consider participating by:
- Choosing gift tags from the Giving Tree in Fellowship Hall
- Signing the color-coded master list on the table next to the tree indicating which person and gift you are purchasing
- Bringing the UNWRAPPED gifts back by December 9th
- Attaching the TAG securely to the gift
- Putting the RECEIPT (not a gift receipt) in the envelope on the table
In addition, there will be baskets for hygiene items and cleaning supplies. Please purchase large family-sized items such as shampoo, deodorant, body wash, bar soap and feminine products. The cleaning supplies can be both bath and kitchen. Laundry soap and laundry supplies would also be appreciated. This year there will also be tags for Meijer gift cards and cash donations. These could provide a Christmas dinner for each family and miscellaneous items that the families need. Some of these items are blankets, first aid kits and flashlights and batteries.
Please plan to stay after church on December 9th for light refreshments provided by Parish Life Committee. We could also use help that morning to sort all the gifts and get them ready for pickup on December 10th.
Thank you for participating in our church giving project.